What You Need to Know Before Hiring a Timeshare Cancellation Company
If you are one of the millions of Americans who own a timeshare, you may have realized that it is not the best investment for you. It could be that you have inherited a timeshare that you don’t need, or you have found better alternatives for your holidays. You may want to find a solution to end your timeshare contract and stop wasting your money.
Unfortunately, getting rid of a timeshare is not as easy as buying one. Most timeshares depreciate rapidly, and there is no demand for them in the secondary market. If you try to sell your timeshare on your own, you may end up losing money or falling victim to a scam.
That’s why many timeshare owners rely on the services of timeshare cancellation companies. These are companies that have the expertise and experience to help owners end their timeshare contracts for good. However, not all timeshare cancellation companies are reputable. Some are frauds that will charge you upfront fees and disappear.
So how do you choose a reliable timeshare cancellation company? Here are some guidelines to help you make a smart choice.
1. Check the feedback and ratings from past clients and credible sources. You can find reviews on platforms like Trustpilot, BBB, Yelp, Google, etc. Look for good reviews that mention specific details about the company’s service, process, fees, and achievements. Avoid unfavorable reviews that mention frauds, setbacks, extra fees, or bad communication.
2. Search for companies that give a free consultation and a no upfront fee policy. A free consultation will enable you to talk to an expert and get a realistic evaluation of your options. A no upfront fee policy will shield you from paying anything until your timeshare cancellation is done.
3. Search for companies that offer a money-back guarantee or an escrow payment option. A money-back guarantee will make sure that you get a full refund if the company fails to cancel your timeshare contract. An escrow payment option will allow you to deposit the funds in a third-party account until the service is completed.
4. Check for companies that have a proven track record and experience in the industry. You can find out how long the company has been functioning, how many customers they have supported, and what kind of achievements they have accomplished. You can also ask for references or testimonials from past clients who have successfully canceled their timeshares with the company.
5. Check for companies that have a professional and transparent approach to their service. You can find out how the company communicates with its customers, how they handle issues or complaints, and how they explain their process and fees. You can also find out if the company works with licensed attorneys or other experts who can help you cancel your timeshare contract legally.
By following these criteria, you can hire a reputable timeshare cancellation company that can help you terminate your unwanted timeshare contract.